• Student(s) can either be referred by a parent, school, or advocate to the program. Student(s) will complete an application
• Students will sit for the committee interview for acceptance
• Upon acceptance youth/parent is notified, at which time student(s) will/should withdraw from the K-12 system and enroll in Adult & Community Education to study for the GED
• The program has a (5) component structure which is Education,
Construction Training, Leadership Development, Graduate
Resources/recourses, and Counseling & Support Services.
• The program runs concurrent with the Palm Beach County School District
• Academic graduation will be held in May 2018
• Trade graduation will be held June 1st, 2018
• Student(s) will participate in academics Monday through Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm…located at Youth Empowerment
• Student(s) will participate in registered apprenticeship training Tuesday and Thursday 1:00pm-5:00pm….located at North Tech (student(s) are provided transportation)
• Student(s) participate in leadership training, mentoring groups, and civic activities on Friday’s from 9:00am-12:00pm…located at Youth Empowerment
On The Job Training
• Student(s) will be placed into a (3) month OJT position in June (after
• These OJT positions will be with trade business partners located throughout
• Student(s) will receive a multi-apprenticeship certification in the following
areas ~ electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, welding.
In addition, student(s) will study to receive additional certifications in first
aid, OSHA, aerial lift and forklift
Student(s) ~ Choices
• Student(s) making the decision to enter the workforce full time in a trade specific field will
be linked to employment by Florida Training Services, Inc. (registered & approved by State
of Florida & Department of Labor)
• Student(s) making the decision to further their education in apprenticeship, will be assisted
by Florida Training Services, Inc. (registered & approved by State of Florida & Department
• Student(s) having a desire to further their education into college/university will be provided
assistance through Youth Empowerment i.e. ACT/SAT prep, college readiness, college
admission tours, etc.
• Student(s) having a desire to join into the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines will be provided
assistance through Youth Empowerment i.e. ASVAB tutorial, linked to a recruiter, etc.